The New Office by Hardie Design

3/12/14

Business, Personal

COMMENTS:

Ever since Huey and I bought our house last autumn – I’ve been dreaming of the day when I would finally have a creative workspace designed to inspire & encourage me to make things happen! By teaming up with my amazingly talented friend Courtney of Hardie Design – we started working together to channel her expertise and my coastal style into an  Official Office Plan!

Nautical Office Design for Annapolis Wedding Photographer, Natalie Franke.

It all started with Courtney creating a digital rendering of the room dimensions and measuring out the space that we would have to work with. I knew that I would need a mix of personal and collaborative spaces with stylish storage that wouldn’t feel easily cluttered. And in keeping with my brand (and my obsession with all things nautical) we went with a navy, turquoise, and grey color palette!

Natalie's Office Plan by Hardie Designs

And after a few weeks of planning, ordering, painting and building the furniture – I am so incredibly excited to reveal the finished product! I can’t wait to welcome my Spring Mentoring Girls into this space + continue working from my tranquil little corner of Annapolis!

Nautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignCoastal_Office-2Nautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignNautical Office Design for Coastal Wedding Photographer Natalie Franke in Annapolis, Maryland - By Hardie DesignCoastal_Office-1b Coastal_Office-8

Design + Decor Credits:
Interior Designer – Courtney of Hardie Design
Florist – Intrigue Design
Mirror – Pier 1 Imports
Desk + Furniture Set – Martha Stewart Ingrid Collection from Home Decorators
Cube Storage – Ikea Expedit

Also, all of the vintage cameras (and a few of the nautical decor pieces) have been mine forever! I’m just excited to finally have a place to display them! The Graflex was actually my grandfather’s favorite camera for years and it was given to me when he passed away a few years ago. Sentimental pieces like that make the office even more special!

Also, be sure to check out the Glitter Guide feature – Still pinching myself about that! Yay!

1. ashley link says:

ahhhh!!! your office is so pretty! i love all of the pops of radiant orchid and the nautical flare! your packaging station looks so fun! such a beautiful office! it makes me so excited for whenever i get my own space to have an office! so beautiful! i would never want to leave! haha. 🙂

2. So, so, so beautiful! 🙂 I can’t wait for my office to come together, but it’s such a long process, as you probably know yourself. Great job though, love the decoration and everything! <3

3. Kat says:

LOVED seeing it in person yesterday 🙂 xo!!!

4. Tomaž says:

Too good, Natalie! Everything came together beautifully. Must be a real treat to stay and work in such a neat space. Good luck getting out of the office now. 😉

5. Dani says:

It’s absolutely gorgeous. But I definitely want to see some after photos that will make me feel better about my messiness and papers everywhere when all heck breaks loose during wedding season. It is truly beautiful and so are you and your barefoot toes!

6. Leslie says:

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! What a happy space : ) Congratulations to you, Natalie!!!!! <3 L

7. Alison says:

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

8. Tina says:

Gorgeous! Doesn’t it feel amazing once it all comes together? So beautiful! Do you know what color that grey paint is? I have such a hard time finding the right grey, and I love yours!

9. Stephanie says:

Your office is beautiful! I love the three sail boats you have up on your shelves! 🙂

10. Caitlin says:

Seriously love it! That mirror- omg- they need to make a dress inspired by it or something, I’m obsessed haha

11. Michele says:

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Enjoy!

12. Sukey says:

This is so beautiful, Natalie! Congrats! Enjoy working in your new space!

13. Caroline says:

LOVE. I love the white simple feel with pops of color. Looks like such a nice place to work!

14. Emilia Jane says:

Love it! I can’t imagine how much more productive I’d be in a cleanly and beautifully designed workspace like this <3 😀

15. Natalie! This space is stunning. It represents your brand and style perfectly!

16. Okay, it’s not a big deal if I make a home at your office, right? That’s not totally weird. 😉

17. Natalie- I am so glad you truly love it! It completely embodies your exquisite personality! And you also captured the details perfectly in your photographs!! You are amazing!

18. Elizaabeth says:

I love seeing home offices…yours is very beautiful. I love the light by your desk that is pretty cool. Enjoy it to the fullest!

19. This is SO perfect!!!! I love that rope lamp! How perfect for your branding!

20. Brooke says:

Beautiful!!! I especially love the pale blue glass (your lamp and the vintage oversized Ball jar) and your too-cute desk. What a tranquil space – and such a great reflection of your brand!!

21. paulina says:

so gorgeous, Natalie!! love it =). I especially love the mix of wood chairs with the modern, clean, look!

22. Gorgeous! Can’t wait to see it in person one day when we come visit you for a Maryland style crab feast! xoxo!

23. Susan says:

Looks beautiful Natalie! I LOVE the idea of having a round table with chairs to meet with people instead of the normal 2 chairs with a coffee table.(Which is totally what I have!)

24. Brea says:

I love it!!! My office is seriously lacking in decorative pieces. Teach me your ways!

25. tPoz says:

such a beautiful space! Great collaboration!

26. Jen Jar says:

This office is so perfectly you!!! 🙂

27. Your new office looks amazing!! So excited for you to have such a cute space to work in!

28. […] week, with the behind the scenes blog post of my Office – I received a few people asking about the branded products that were briefly featured. Over the […]

29. Holly says:

I love this so much! It looks so good! Just the right amount of color! 🙂

30. […] Seaglass inspiration had a clear originating point – this gorgeous office designed for any by Natalie Franke! The beautiful palette put together by Hardie Design perfectly conjured the chic, nautical […]

31. Amanda says:

Your office inspired the design of my bedroom! I’ve been looking for 10 months for design ideas and when I came across yours I knew instantly this was my color scheme! Where did you get those shelves??

32. […] latest design project! Courtney is the incredible interior designer who helped me with my Coastal Office earlier this year and she has become one of my really close […]

33. This is absolutely stunning, Natalie! Such a peaceful, calming, and inspirational work area! I hope to have something like this for myself in the future! The interior decorator friend of yours is AMAZING!

34. Annie says:

I’ve been searching for ideas for my new office, and happened upon your page. I love it! I had actually been looking at this desk on Home Decorators website before I found your page!
    My next step is finding a chair, and I am stumped with finding something that meets my hopes for both style and comfort. What kind of chair do you have and where can I find it? Thanks so much!

• I actually found my chair on Overstock.com! It’s a basic Office Chair with back support! I know I could have gotten a “cuter one” but I spend a lot of time at my desk and wanted to make sure I was comfortable! 🙂

35. […] I’m still in love with my cute Nautical Office created by Courtney Hardie of Hardie […]

36. Jodie says:

I typed nautical office in my search engine and was pleasantly surprised as I looked over your page. The light color scheme and nautical touches is just what I was hoping for. I love the light paint color on the walls. Would you please tell me the brand and name of the paint. I can’t wait to update my office to be as inviting and peaceful as yours. Thank you!