Shelby & Jon | Naval Academy Engagement Pictures

10/01/13

Engagements

COMMENTS:

Last week, I met Shelby and Jon at the Naval Academy in Downtown Annapolis for their sunset engagement session around the yard and along the docks! It was the perfect September evening and I was so excited to finally get to spend the afternoon with these two sweethearts after emailing back and forth for months!

I will never forget receiving Shelby’s inquiry that said something along the lines of -“I’ve been following your work for years and I knew I wanted you as our wedding photographer before we were even engaged.” Hearing this from a bride is truly the ultimate compliment! And getting to give them big hugs and share stories as we wandered around their favorite Academy spots – made this session even sweeter!

Shelby and Jon are absolutely amazing people! Shelby has this vibrant and captivating personality that shines even brighter whenever they are together. Jon is her rock, her soul mate, and her best friend. He surprised her in the airport, taking ahold of a loudspeaker and getting down on one knee to propose to her in front of hundreds of people. Pledging his love and asking for her hand in marriage – it was a moment that Shelby still gets emotional describing.

Shelby & Jon – I absolutely loved getting to spend the day with you! I can’t wait for your wedding next year!
Naval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis MarylandNaval Academy Engagement Pictures in Annapolis Maryland Downtown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement PicturesDowntown Annapolis Maryland Engagement Pictures

1. Urška Majer says:

Gorgeous engagement 🙂 Love the location!

2. Laura says:

I love the column shots and her black and white dress is perfect!

3. What a beautiful couple and a sweet compliment! I love hearing that. 🙂 The photo of her in his hat is too cute! Great job Natalie!

4. Kelly Ewell says:

That second shot is my favorite! I love how the lines of her dress parallel the lines in the columns. Perfection!

5. Shelby says:

INCREDIBLE! We had such a fun time shooting these with you! I am one happy bride-to-be! 🙂 Can’t wait until April 12th!

6. Emilia Jane says:

LOVE that whole first set with him in uniform and her in that striped dress? Perfection.

7. What an adorable couple!! I love their first outfits – so sharp! The colors and light are perfect throughout this! 🙂

8. Anne Herbert says:

Natalie, I have only just recently come across your work but I have to say it is SO refreshing to see someone who makes the most of every location, uses repetition and patterns to make images into art, and understands how to frame these couples within the image just perfectly. The use of light, the tack sharpness, the beautiful skin tones and white balance… I love it all and look forward to your blog posts! You do wonderful work with these couples in love!

9. I love all the leading lines in the beginning of the session. Also loved their second look the color pop is perfect for the marina. Fun!

10. tPoz says:

these are just lovely!! beautiful work! And always an honor and delight when someone KNOWS they want YOU as their wedding photographer!!

11. Erin Wheeler says:

So beautiful! I just love her dress and those first set of images!

12. katie says:

Classic! Gorgeous! Oh my goodness! I can’t even handle it!

13. Jennifer says:

Not only are these too sweet…. but her dress is PERFECT!