Monday Musings | Sparkle

2/04/13

Monday Musings

COMMENTS:

As I set forth in the New Year, I decided that one of my biggest goals was to help others around me to find the spark of passion and a life filled with happiness. In my effort to “help others sparkle” I plan to spread positivity, reach out my hand to lift others up, and bring a little more happiness to everyday life.

Merriam-Webster defines Sparkle as: to perform brilliantly, effervesce, to become lively, to cause to glitter or shine.

She Leaves a Little Sparkle Wherever She Goes! | Radiate positivity and happiness!

Graphic Designed by Sara Metzger

I believe that the greatest sparkle comes not from a single act of love, but rather a multitude of smaller compassionate actions that band together to radiate positivity and happiness. And so today, I challenge each and every one of you to reach out to the people around you this week and bring a little joy into the lives of others.

Beginning today, I challenge you to spread a little sparkle in the form of compliments. Every day this week, take a moment to look around you at the people who make an impact on your life and use your words to lift them up.

The beautiful thing about compliments is that they tend to multiply. One sweet remark brightens a friend’s day, that friend feels inspired and holds open the door for the person behind them at the coffee shop, and the positivity spreads.

Reach out and say something sweet to someone that you believe is making the world a better place. Hold open the door and offer a sweet hello on your way to work. Tell your dearest friend how beautiful they are, remind your significant other how much they mean to you and how important they are in your life.

Are you up for the Compliment Challenge?

One compliment per day. Seven Days. Until we meet again on Monday morning.

Great news: thereโ€™s more where that came from! I have a whole library of resources waiting for you - consider it your personal brain-fuel bookshelf. The only thing you need to bring? A cup of coffee.

1. Urลกka

February 4th, 2013 at 6:57 am

I love this posts ๐Ÿ™‚ & this idea!

2. Kathy

February 4th, 2013 at 8:21 am

You’re awesome! This post is awesome! ๐Ÿ™‚ You definitely sparkle!

3. Katie

February 4th, 2013 at 8:39 am

You, miss, are such an inspiration. I love this idea, and I love your sparkly self!

4. Michele

February 4th, 2013 at 8:41 am

Well said! You are an amazing lady !

5. Janice

February 4th, 2013 at 9:41 am

Love it! Everyone needs some sparkle on a Monday morning ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Sarah!

February 4th, 2013 at 9:57 am

I’m a complementer to the extreme! Every time I’m out to eat or grabbing a drink drive through style I try to find things to complement the employee that serves me. It puts them in a good mood and I feel good making them feel good. Even though I don’t love the drive through lady’s long funky painted nails on me, I know she got them for a reason and they’re cool on her so I complement her. that’s just one example. I might be a little crazy but it’s a feel good thing just like you’re saying! ๐Ÿ™‚

7. ashley barnett

February 4th, 2013 at 10:46 am

Love this! You are such a thoughtful and wonderful person- challenge accepted! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Amanda L

February 4th, 2013 at 11:26 am

Great positivity ๐Ÿ™‚ Kindness is contagious!

9. Katie

February 4th, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Love this!! I’m in!!

10. Alexandra {Heart Love Weddings}

February 4th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I love this, Natalie. So, so much!!

11. teri pozniak // tPoz

February 4th, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Thanks for adding a little sparkle to my Monday! Your kindness inspires me – I’m up for the challenge!

12. Katie @ Lovebird Productions

February 4th, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I love your heart! You are such an encouragement and I love the idea of sparkling ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Carly Fuller

February 4th, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Natalie…I absolutely love reading your words. I feel like you’re right beside me with coffee in hand helping guide me through an effortless way of living every minute beautifully…You are so graceful and I’m not saying this because you said to send a compliment.. You just ARE. I can’t wait to see all that you sparkle this year!

14. Maria

February 5th, 2013 at 11:31 am

Oh goodness Natalie, you totally sweat glitter!…er..I mean that in the best way possible, if that’s possible? And like Sarah, I LOVE complimenting cashiers and service people and heck, anyone on the street who’s shoes or style I admire. It’s the best when you see people light up at the unexpected ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Krista A. Jones

February 6th, 2013 at 8:32 am

You and Sara are so amazing and I’m so glad to have the two of you – and all your sparkly goodness – in my life! Love you!

16. Nathan

February 9th, 2013 at 10:29 am

I’m a great believer in this and I pride myself as a photographer to be acutely aware of change. I’m usually the first to notice a new haircut etc. It goes a long way, making someone feel better for even a minute is a lovely feeling.
    Sharing smiles is one of my favourite games too.

17. Nathan

February 9th, 2013 at 10:30 am

p.s. great article, your photo shows your sparkle off to a tee!

18. Monday Musings | Turning Inspiration into Action - Natalie Franke Photography

February 11th, 2013 at 8:03 am