I am so excited and incredibly humbled to be selected as the Female Wedding Photographer of the Year by the Capital Style Magazine! This is the first time I’ve ever been recognized by the Capital and getting the opportunity to see my work was incredible!
A few parts of the article were especially sweet and I want to thank Kristin McConnell and Katharine Fox Castro for saying such sweet remarks about my work –
Excerpt written by Wendi Winters:
The McConnells’ reception for 250 guests was held under a big white tent at a Stevensville waterfront home. The couple currently lives in Fredericksburg, Va., and is expecting their first child in May. “Natalie’s talent speaks for itself,” said Kristin. “Her pictures beautifully capture every moment of happiness and love. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Natalie’s pictures are worth a thousand and one.” She added: “You can see the emotion in Natalie’s photos. They’re really breathtaking. Not just the photos taken of me, my husband and our family. She caught all the little details at the wedding ceremony and reception. She captured all those special moments. I’ll always be able to remember that day.”
Continued: “She is the best photographer ever!” said Katharine, an M&T investment banker who now lives in Towson. Her husband is a wine merchant manager in Baltimore County. “All of her pictures are warm and emotive. They seem to capture a deeper feeling on paper. I liked the documentary style that comes through.”
The Castro’s wedding took place at Tabrizi’s Restaurant in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor… “The most important thing that makes her special,” said Katharine, “is her love and enthusiasm for what she does. She cares deeply for each of her clients. We became friends during the wedding and keep in touch.”
Katharine and Kristin’s words made me cry. I’m not going to even try to hide it. They just got to me! I love knowing that what I do impacts people… I love knowing that I’m responsible for capturing these important days in their lives! Kristin & Katharine, thank you so much for writing such sweet remarks. I feel so blessed, so overwhelmed by your words! I’m sending big hugs your way!
And I also want to congratulate a few of my amazing friends on also winning the Bridal Reader’s Choice Awards – I’ve been able to work and network with a few of the best wedding professionals in Maryland including:
- For Best Hair: Up Do’s for I Do’s, Behind the Veil, and Amie Decker Beauty.
- Best Wedding Cakes: Fiona’s Cakes, SugarBakers Cakes, Sweet Sue’s Bake Shop.
- Best Catering: Ken’s Creative Kitchen, Roundz, and The Main Ingredient.
- Best DJ: Crow Entertainment, Michael K. Music Productions, and Absolute Entertainment.
- Best Florist: Intrigue Design & Decor, Little House of Flowers, and Flower Follies.
- Best Gowns & Tuxedos: Mary’s Bridal, Annapolis Formal & Tuxedos, and Bridals by Elena.
- Best Event Planner: Charlotte Jarrett Events, Wedding Savvy, and Ken Upton at Ken’s Creative Kitchen.
- Best Party Rentals: Rentals to Remember, Absolute Party Rental, Top Hat Party Design.
- Best Rehearsal Dinner Location: Historic Kent Manor Inn, Annapolis Yacht Club, and the Chart House Restaurant.
- Best Wedding Site: Chesapeake Bay Beach Club, the Annapolis Wedding Chapel, and Historic London Town and Gardens.
This year is going to be amazing and I can’t wait to kickoff wedding season! Annapolis is full of incredible wedding professionals and I feel so honored to be listed among a few of the best!