Farewell 2011 – Welcome 2012 | Happy New Year

12/29/11

Personal

COMMENTS:

This year flew by with a fabulous rush of new experiences and new clients, quickly topping the most eventful and incredibly dynamic times in my life! I knew that 2011 was going to be an eventful year, but I never imagined (not even in my wildest dreams) that so many aspects of my life would change.

Each winter I take a moment to plan out a few resolutions and goals for the upcoming year. After looking back over the last few months, there is one thing that I hope to accomplish in 2012! My Resolution: Blog more personal entries, write more from the heart, and continue to share my life through my blog. I love reading personal posts and anecdotes from other photographers & love when my clients can relate to me on a more personal level. This will be the one sweeping change for the New Year and I hope everyone out there enjoys it!

I’ve put together a little collage of 2011 photographs – A few people who made my year fantastic!

Natalie Franke Photography Annapolis
Redskins Engagement Photography
Annapolis Maryland Photographers
Naval Academy Wedding Photographer
Annapolis Maryland Portrait Photography

On a Personal Note: Last January marked the beginning of a new year, and the winter brought so many fun memories with friends and family. Immediately after the New Year, we got the news about my grandmother’s cancer and by April – the world lost one of its angels. Losing my grandmother is by far the most difficult thing I’ve ever experienced in my short twenty-one years of life and although these past few days have been especially difficult without her, I swear I can still feel her presence… In every hug, homemade recipe, and family gathering – she is still here.

The summer brought about the launch of a fabulous little Annapolis Wedding Blog called Bayside Bride and allowed me to meet a few of the sweetest girls in the world who helped me in more ways than they will ever know! Their laughter, encouragement, and support pushed me to move past my sadness and helped me to smile again. Part of me wonders how my life was ever complete without Krista, Sara, and all of the interns. They are truly the greatest friends a girl could ask for.

In August I finally turned 21 – on the same day that Hurricane Irene pounded the East Coast! September ushered in my final year of college, and as the leaves began to change everything was falling into place.  *Then* On November 24, 2011 – I had the moment of a lifetime when Huey got down on one knee and proposed. I still get stuck just staring at my left hand, wondering if all of this is a dream. I can’t wait to marry my best friend… I can’t wait to be a Mrs!

Looking back on the last twelve months, I’m overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of experiences that I managed to pack into a mere three hundred and sixty five days.

To all my clients: Thank you for giving me the privilege of capturing your memories this year! It’s because of you that 2011 was truly unforgettable! I’m looking forward to all that 2012 will bring and can’t wait to share those moments with all of you! I am so grateful to call so many of my clients, my friends!

1. Maria says:

Hoping 2012 is amazing for you! You deserve it!

2. What a wonderful year you’ve had! And I just love your collage of beautiful images. Can’t wait to see what you do in 2012! It’s going to be hard to top this year!

3. Stephen says:

AH! You beat me to my new years post. Now I just feel bad that yours looks better than mine 🙁 Amazing work as always Natalie. It’s been a privilege to watch your year through your fabulous imagery!

4. Katie Yuen says:

your post made me cry! you are the sweetest girl ever and I am so glad I got to know you this year and that we get to see what 2012 brings us together as engaged philly photo girls! 😀 xox

5. Sarah says:

So happy for you and all that you’ve accomplished! With love always!

6. Mia says:

Aw, what a great collage! So glad you had a great year! SO looking forward to what you and BB brings this year!!!

7. Serena says:

1 – The new branding is spot on! You + Krista did an amazing job representing YOU. <3
    2 – LOVE this post. Beautiful images, as always, and I'm so glad you had such a fabulous year! Can't wait to see what's in store for 2012! =)

8. What a beautiful year you’ve had! You already know how I excited I am for you and Huey and your new phase of life together. Hearing how excited you are to be marrying your best friend makes my heart sing 🙂 I am so, so happy our paths crossed this year! Much love, A! xo

9. Christy Ward says:

That was beautiful and I wish you continued success and happiness in 2012 and beyond. I am so glad I stumbled across your website and I am beyond inspired by your photography. I was amazed to realize that you are only 21!!! Just a fan who is thankful you openly share your talent… Happy New Year!!

10. Caroline says:

Happy New Year!!

11. Jen says:

It was such a treat to see your photographs over the course of this year… love your work nat!

12. Tyler says:

happy new year! great wrap up.

13. Sam Gibson says:

Happy New Year natalie!
    Great post, lovely and touching writing and a great selection of images. Have a fab 2012

14. Johanna says:

You’ve had a big year. I also remember when we got engaged and I just kept on checking my ring all the time. 🙂

15. Anton Chia says:

Beautiful images and what a great year!

16. What a colorful year! All the best for 2012!

17. Fun body of work. Beautiful imagery.

18. Heather says:

Looks like a REALLY REALLY fun year!

19. Kellee Walsh says:

What a rollercoaster of a year. Good luck for 2012 & keep it coming with the stunning images!

20. Jared Tseng says:

Beautiful work, and what a great year for you!

21. Angel Kidwell says:

I love the collage format, and so vibrant and fun! Good luck in 2012!

22. Kylie Nic says:

Love it, Nat! Looks amazing! :]

23. you’re great at making people look beautiful and happy. keep up good work.

24. Brilliant photos. You have a great talent!