The Rising Tide Society

4/28/15

Business, Tech-Talk Tuesday

COMMENTS:

I’m writing to you today with a cup of coffee in hand and a giant dream. A desire to make waves for the greater good and to be the change that we so desperately wish to see in this industry. When I shared my Overcoming Comparison post a few weeks ago, I was overwhelmed by the response I received from other small business owners who shared my struggles and my desires for the future.

This morning, I am joining forces with some truly inspiring industry leaders from Boston, Massachusetts to Augusta, Georgia to launch the Rising Tide Society and announce our very first initiative.

It is our hope to cultivate a Society of Creative Entrepreneurs who believe in community and have a desire to lead with love. From this dream, Tuesdays Together was born. A Meet-up on the first Tuesday of every month where we gather together for coffee and conversation. A safe space for idea sharing and goal building. Separated by distance, but beautifully united by a hashtag and a shared desire for community.

Because isn’t that what we all deserve? A safe place to belong.

I remember how it felt to be a new face in an established industry. I vividly recall being told that my dreams were too big and my goals were far too lofty for a small-town Annapolis girl trying to build a business after high school. I still see the nasty forum threads, the negative comments and vulgar remarks thrown around on the dark corners of the internet towards newcomers who dare to dream of something different for their lives.

“I have been where you are sitting right now and I have cried those same tears. I have felt inadequate. I have doubted my work. I have worried and struggled and fought with every ounce of my being to keep this business alive. There have been days where I wanted to quit, roll my hands into fists and pound away at the brand that I’ve built until it’s nothing but rubble. I’ve seen doors slammed in my face and in those early years, I wondered if new ones would ever open. It’s hard to see it now because I’ve come such a long way over the years, but I have been where you are… and believe me when I say that you don’t have to do this alone.

You see, we’re all in this together. Hundreds of thousands of big dreamers, risk takers, and ground shakers. Leadership doesn’t have to be lonely. It doesn’t have to mean going at it alone. We dare to believe that with our hands and in our minds, we can carve out a better future for ourselves and our clients. We have the audacity to take big risks and seek a life that revolves around our passion rather than a time-clock.” (The Loneliness of Entrepreneurship)

This movement dares to say – Enough is enough. It’s time to band together: photographers, wedding professionals, artists, and creative entrepreneurs. It’s time to share our knowledge, collaborate on projects, lift one another up and grow together as a community. Everyone deserves the opportunity to chase their dream.

As Creatives, we must actively guard our hearts and always remember: “Her prosperity does not make me inferior.  And I choose to cheer her on because community rises above competition.

Compassion sets us free, perseverance pushes us forward, and comparison cannot hold us down when our words are wings of gratitude and our heart is guarded from the negativity of this dark and broken world. If no one has told you lately, then please let me be the first…

You are good enough.

You are braver than you believe and more daring than you know. Every scar that you carry and every worry in your past, has shaped you into a truly remarkable human being.

And such a brave and unrelenting person is deserving of something greater. You are worthy of something greater. A love that fills your heart and brings joy like a spark to your soul. You were made to endure. You were created to seek out your own characterization of success and chart a course for your life unlike any other.” (Overcoming Comparison)

The Rising Tide Society launches June 1st.
Tuesdays Together Meet-ups kick off next week on May 5th in twelve cities nationwide.

Join the Movement >>

Attend an organized Tuesdays Together meet-up or create your own privately by signing up on the website + downloading the kit! On the first Tuesday of every month, we’ll be gathering together across the country to get out from behind our computer screens and build genuine relationships. We’re also looking to expand our organized gatherings in June and we’re seeking creative leaders to help bring this movement all the way to the Pacific! We have crazy big dreams and we’re going to need your help to make it happen!

April 28th, 2015 at 6:00 am

This is amazing! Truly what the small business owners needs 🙂 Love it!

2. Caitlin

April 28th, 2015 at 7:07 am

this is so amazing- you + krista are too awesome

3. Krista A. Jones

April 28th, 2015 at 7:15 am

Yay!! So excited!

4. Nastja

April 28th, 2015 at 8:05 am

Such an inspiring blog post! 🙂 I wish there were more people (vendors) like you in Slovenia. <3

5. Kimmie

April 28th, 2015 at 8:23 am

Natalie, I can’t say enough how much your kind words & outstretched arms during my moments of insecurity have led to where I am today in business. I back this 1000%, knowing full well that your heart in this is to continue to outstretch your arms to creatives everywhere! I’m soo excited about this vision & your dreams. I can’t wait to be a part of this!!!

6. Alexandra {Heart Love Always}

April 28th, 2015 at 8:34 am

This is amazing, Natalie!! Your honest desire to spread your arms and welcome all kinds of creative entrepreneurs into them for a hug, to help and to serve them better is completely wonderful. I’m so excited about this and can’t wait to be a part of it!! xoxo

7. Lauren

April 28th, 2015 at 8:37 am

I love this post so much!! So grateful to be a part of the movement!! Xo!

8. Corinne

April 28th, 2015 at 8:49 am

I hope one of these Tuesdays Together is after 6pm so people who still work full time can attend!!

9. Renee

April 28th, 2015 at 8:49 am

So amazing!! Congrats ladies!

10. Lindsey LaRue

April 28th, 2015 at 8:53 am

Yes, Yes, YES! I’m so excited about this!!!

11. Sahmra

April 28th, 2015 at 10:16 am

SO incredible, inspiring, and all of the above.

12. Terri Baskin

April 28th, 2015 at 10:17 am

This is so good, Natalie!!!! I love this idea and I am excited to participate!!!!

13. Courtney Hardie

April 28th, 2015 at 10:32 am

Amazing you two!! Such a great opportunity for creatives & I’ll attend every time I’m in town!

14. faythe

April 28th, 2015 at 10:57 am

So far this movement seems directed to the ” industry” you keep mentioning in your opening founders letter. Presumably the wedding photography community. What are the plans to expand your project to other creatives?

15. nataliefranke

April 28th, 2015 at 1:59 pm

By Industry, I am referring to – The Creative Industry! The Rising Tide Society is for Bloggers, Photographers, Wedding Industry Professionals, Artists, and Small Business CEOs! 🙂 It’s founded by two photographers, but I think you’ll quickly see how our goals are geared more towards empowering all creative entrepreneurs!

16. Heather Baker

April 28th, 2015 at 11:38 am

Love this Natalie!! I hope to someday be apart of this when I’m not working a full time job.
    Love what you and Krista are doing!!

17. Anna A.

April 28th, 2015 at 2:43 pm

What a beautiful dream that is coming true! So excited to participate!!

18. katelyn james

April 28th, 2015 at 4:09 pm

You know we’re excited about this!!!!!!

19. ariella

April 28th, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Thank you Natalie! You are so inspiring. Right know I am just starting my business and all of the insecurities and doubts are a difficult struggle. Thank you for being an encourager. I can’t wait to see if a group can start up in WA!

20. Jenny {Just Write Studios}

April 28th, 2015 at 6:04 pm

I am really excited about this! Can’t wait to hear more! I’m so in love with your community over competition initiative! Just what the creative world needs! Hugs!

21. Annamarie

April 29th, 2015 at 12:47 am

Ohh Natalie I am so incredibly proud of you and can’t wait to see how this changes lives!! You are incredible and I am so thankful for how your friendship has already changed my life! I’m so grateful to get to be a part of this amazing movement!!!

22. Nikki Santerre

April 29th, 2015 at 8:20 am

This is so incredible, Natalie! So proud of you and Krista and can’t wait to see where this leads! xoxo!

23. Kate Ann

April 29th, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Natalie I am so glad I ran into you the other day and got to hear first hand about this amazing new adventure. Thank you so much for being a leader that creates more leaders. I would love to lead a tuesday together in Baltimore in June and I can’t wait to see where this movement goes!! Love you so much!

24. Marcella Treybig

April 29th, 2015 at 1:06 pm

How exciting!

25. Alison Kinsey

April 30th, 2015 at 2:08 pm

I love, love love the concept of this Natalie and I’m excited to see it grow. Great idea to have leaders in different cities. Has it expanded out to the west coast yet? Definitely interested in attending a meetup!

26. depth of feels » Kaitlyn Phipps Photography

May 4th, 2015 at 2:42 pm

[…] you creatives heard about Tuesdays Together?! If you haven’t, then you need to check it out! There’s an amazing group of creatives […]

27. depth of feels » Kaitlyn Phipps Photography

May 11th, 2015 at 1:05 pm

[…] spent last Tuesday at the first Tuesdays Together in Stanton! It was so fun to road trip with AshBush and Hillary Gaskins up to Stanton and then to […]

28. Tuesdays Together » Nicole Dianne

July 15th, 2015 at 3:37 pm

[…] has a growing population of creative entrepreneurs who share that same desire for community. Tuesday’s Together was started by wedding photographer, Natalie Franke under a community she created called The Rising […]