Monday Musings – Living to Help Others

12/09/13

Monday Musings

COMMENTS:

A few months ago in a crowded coffee shop, two friends revealed their story with me. A story of heartbreak, determination, and dedication to making a difference in the lives of families with autistic children. Something in their words moved me and reminded me about staying focussed on what really matters.

We have this one life, this one short opportunity to leave the world a little better than how we found it. And in the act of serving others, in the pursuit of focussing on the needs of those around us, we discover the purest sense of peace.

When we only define success by the societal standards of wealth, popularity, and power – we are failing ourselves. Our lives should not be measured by the achievements we accumulate in our time on Earth, but by the lives we impact and people we strive to help in our enduring pursuit of service. It is in this spirit that today’s Monday Musings Quote was chosen.

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

This week marks a very important week in the lives of my friends, the Barnhills. After planning and working for months together to launch a Foundation that could truly make a difference to raise money for scholarships that will provide early intervention and therapy to children on the autism spectrum – Avergan is just a few days away from launching.

So today, I want to share Their Story with you and I want to encourage you to take a moment out of your busy day to check your schedule for this Thursday!  If you are around town and can make it to Metropolitan Kitchen & Lounge for the Avergan Launch Party, I would absolutely love to see you there! Our goal is to raise enough money to fund one or more children to get the care they need at the Cisco Center.

Happy Monday, Friends!

1. Dani

December 9th, 2013 at 8:19 am

So beautifully said. I’m super excited for the Barnhills and wish I was at home for the party this week!! I hope it is a huge success!!

2. Allison

December 9th, 2013 at 8:28 am

Thank you Natalie! We’re so blessed to have your support and heart. So excited for this week and can’t wait to celebrate with you too! Big hug!

3. Laura

December 9th, 2013 at 8:46 am

What a great cause and I hope it is a huge success!!!

4. Brea

December 9th, 2013 at 9:12 am

I just read their story and was really moved. So beautiful! I love how much progress their son has made and am really rooting for him 🙂

5. Alison Harper

December 9th, 2013 at 9:26 am

What an amazing cause. Thank you for this sweet reminder that life isn’t about all that we accumulate, it is about those we touch. Good luck with the new cause!

6. Tara Peddicord

December 9th, 2013 at 10:40 am

So wonderful. Looking forward to seeing you Thursday!

7. Katie Yuen

December 9th, 2013 at 10:42 am

Your words are beautiful, and your heart is so incredible. I love your support and the Barnhill’s story is so moving, I wish I could be there!!!

8. Kathy

December 9th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

You’re such a beautiful person inside and out, Natalie. Lovely post today! 🙂

9. Nikki Santerre

December 9th, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I wish I was able to get up there for the launch. Above all else, Natalie, I want you to know you have had a profound impact on my life. Even in just the short time we spent together last month! xo!